The world’s first Columbia Pictures Theme and Waterpark in Thailand will be opened by Sony Pictures along with Amazon Falls. Rides and Attractions Will Start Opening From October 2021 at “Columbia Pictures’ Aquaverse”
The theme park will feature rides and attractions based on characters from a few of Hollywood’s most famous films, including Ghostbusters, Jumanji, Bad Boys, Men in Black, and Hotel Transylvania. The park will have eight fully interactive zones with an impressive variety of both water and land-based activities, catering to tourists of all ages.
The park also features an impressive lineup of live performances, interactive attractions, interactive props, one-of-a-kind collections, themed restaurants, and specialty merchandise and retail stores.
Attraction information for Aquaverse
Men in Black Thrill Rides are the zones to watch out for, which include hair-raising water coaster rides, one of which includes a 12-meter free-fall ride that carries you swerving down a MIB Wormhole.
The Ghostbusters Supernatural Experience allows guests to access the Ghostbusters portal and zoom through spirit traps on a water ride or take a family raft trip into the world’s first and only fully-enclosed water dome. If you’re searching for a kid-friendly activity, the Hotel Transylvania Kid-Friendly Zone has over 100 water features that will appeal to children. Surf’s Up in Surfers Paradise, meanwhile, is a zone with a dual FlowRider for those who want to master the surf.
Cloudy With The Chance of Meatballs. Swallow Falls River Adventure is a fantastic way to unwind after a day of thrills. A lazy river and the awesome Foodimals from the movie can be found in this zone. Another great place to unwind is the VIVO Wave Pool. It features a massive wave pool themed after the forthcoming animated musical.
Sneak peak Trailer for the Aquaverse waterpark and key details list
- Men in Black Thrill Rides – Aquaverse’s most thrilling rides and attractions can be found here, including hair-raising water coaster rides, one of which has a 12-meter free-fall ride that sends you careening down a MIB Wormhole.
- Ghostbusters Supernatural Experience – Step into the Ghostbusters portal and zip across ghost traps as you glide down a water coaster with your best friend or dare to enter the world’s first and only fully-enclosed water dome in a family raft ride
- Bad Boys Raceway – Experience the thrill of the chase and put the pedal to the metal around our new outdoor go-kart tracks in a neon Miami-themed racecourse.
- Jumanji Jungle Adventure – Brave the world of Jumanji through wild jungle-themed water slides, visiting Jaguar Mountain while being chased by Mandrills before plunging into Jumanji’s splash pool!
- Hotel Transylvania Kid-Friendly Zone – Aquaverse’s biggest water park attraction featuring over 100 water features, splash buckets, water rockets, and more!
- Surf’s Up in Surfer’s Paradise – Surf a mighty wave and show us what you’ve got on the exhilarating water park attraction with our dual Flowrider!
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Swallow Falls River Adventure – Take a break from the day’s thrills by touring the Aquaverse along the lazy river and meet the amazing Foodimals featured in the hit film.
- VIVO Wave Pool – Relax in a giant wave pool inspired by the upcoming animated musical. The wave pool zone is the ideal venue when hosting music events and live shows, where celebrity artists and world-class international DJs will take to the stage.
“We are ecstatic to be working with Liakat Dhanji and Amazon Falls on the launch of Sony Pictures’ first theme and water park, and we are motivated by his vision of creating Thailand’s first immersive entertainment destination. The Aquaverse franchise from Columbia Pictures is the next step in Sony Pictures’ broader global strategy to develop and expand location-based entertainment by leveraging its powerful global film and television brands.
Through water parks, traveling exhibitions, and theme park attractions, we are providing opportunities for all audiences around the world to immerse themselves deeper into our stories,” says Jeffrey Godsick, EVP of Global Partnerships and Brand Management and Head of Location Based Entertainment at Sony Pictures Entertainment.