Irvine, Ca. – Chocobo GP, a visually stunning kart racing adventure set in the Chocobo mythology, will premiere digitally for Nintendo Switch™ on March 10, 2022, according to SQUARE ENIX®. Gamers can reconnect with Chocobo and companions and race to the finish line on a variety of hard courses based on locations from the Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY® franchise. Chocobo GP Lite, a free-to-download version of the game, will also be available worldwide.
Chocobo GP Game Mode and Abilities
The teaser below shows all the pandemonium and joy that players should expect early next year. In addition to the Story Mode and the 64-player knockout style tournaments in Chocobo GP, it also contains new game modes. Players can also look forward to unique features.
- There are several game modes to choose from, including Story and Custom Races. In addition, compete in exciting survival races in a bracket-style tournament with up to 64 players. Online and/or local duels are supported in some modes.
- Race across a variety of courses inspired by the Chocobo and FINAL FANTASY series, such as Cid’s Test Track, Alexandria’s streets, and Zozo and the Gold Saucer.
- Characters from the Chocobo series are available to choose from.
- Players will be endowed with magic, such as Fire or Aero, by harvesting magicite, which can be discovered in Magic Eggs spread around the various tracks and can be utilized against their rival racers to provide them a competitive edge and speed to the win.
- Players can compete against themselves on various courses to beat their individual best times. Participants can also compete asynchronously with people from all over the world* for the fastest time.
- Both alone and with friends, gamers can construct their own hard races with customizable regulations.
Racers can play the Story Mode prologue in single player mode with Chocobo GP Lite, as well as participate in local and digital multiplayer* racing with up to eight participants if organized by a friend who owns the full version of the game. Chocobo Lite gamers can also try out the Chocobo mode’s fast-paced 64-player contests. Moreover, save files from Chocobo Lite can be transferred to the full game, allowing players to smoothly carry over any equipment or monies earned into their larger racing journey. will be available digitally for the Nintendo Switch on March 10, 2022. This title is not yet rated by the ESRB.