With a discussion comprising director Kazuto Nakazawa and producer Rui Kuroki from studio Production I.G., Fena Pirate Princess was chosen as a Work in Progress anime. The pair discussed their vision for the series, hilarious tidbits from production, and behind-the-scenes designs, including a variety of backdrops, character art, and more, during the event, which is open to Annecy participants through the end of June.
Nakazawa credits shojo manga as a major source of inspiration, saying, “It made me want to develop an animation with a flavor of Shojo manga in it.” Fena Pirate Princess also features adventure and excitement, but it is mostly a love story, according to him.
Visuals and Voice Cast for Fena Pirate Princess
Fena Pirate Princess is a Crunchyroll and Adult Swim original that chronicles Fena Houtman as she flees pirates and the English Navy, relying on a team of Japanese samurai to uncover her family secrets…and an unbelievable wealth! Kazuto Nakazawa is the director of the half-hour animated series, while Production I.G. is the animation studio.
Voice cast and info on characters for Fena Pirate Princess:
- Fena Houtman will be voiced by Asami Seto: A positive, cheerful orphan despite her traumatic past. Known for her pale skin and glowing silver hair.
- Yukimaru will be voiced by Ryota Suzuki: The introverted, katana-wielding bodyguard of the Houtman family. He is extremely protective of Fena.
- Shitan will be voiced by Takahiro Sakurai: This handsome, elite warrior can kill with his bow and arrow—or his looks. Though on the surface he seems aloof, he values his friends.
- Karin will be voiced by Aoi Yuki: Raised by a family of blacksmiths, Karin geeks out over technology like her rifle, which she uses to profound effect in battle.
- Enju will be voiced by Gen Sato: Kaede’s elder twin. They both use a spear and wakizashi in battle, they’re both friendly and mischievous, but Enju feels he’s more dependable than his younger brother.
- Kaede will be voiced by Ryota Osaka: Enju’s younger twin. They both use a spear and wakizashi in battle, they’re both friendly and mischievous, but Kaede feels he’s more manly than his elder brother.
- Tsubaki will be voiced by Jun Osuka: The oldest and most mature member of the group, he manages everyone’s wild energy. He’s also the cook, but when he fights, he uses a short ninja sword.
- Makaba will be voiced by Shintaro Tanaka: This mountain of a boy prefers fighting in close quarters with brass knuckles. When he’s not fighting, he’s kind-hearted and mild-mannered.
- Salman will be voiced by Manabu Muraji: An older knight who was once called “Salman the Onslaught” for being so deadly with a spear. He’s known Fena since she was a girl as he served the Houtman family for some time.
- Hiroaki Hirata will voice otto: Another older knight who served the Houtman family and possessed an intimidating nickname in his younger days—”Otto the Blitz” for his quick swordplay.
Fena Pirate Princess and Trailer
The Fena Pirate Princess series’ primary cast consists of:
- Original Story – Kazuto Nakazawa x Production I.G
- Director – Kazuto Nakazawa
- Screenplay – Asako Kuboyama
- Music- Yuki Kajiura
- Music Production – FlyingDog
- Animation Production- Production I.G
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to one of the largest collections of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll’s services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, consumer product, and video game rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Anime Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Lausanne, Chisinau, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.
Source: Press Release