Imploding Kittens: The Expansion that is Making Exploding Kittens More Explosive!
The Expansion deck contains 20 new cards with 6 new kinds of actions, and an “Imploding Kittens” card that now allows 5 to 6 players to play the game. Exploding Kittens is a kitty-themed version of Russian Roulette. Until anyone draws an explosive kitten and loses the game, players turn to draw cards.
The deck consists of cards that allow you to avoid exploding by peeking at cards before you draw, forcing your opponent to draw, or shuffling the deck with several cards. For each card you draw, the game becomes more and more intense because fewer cards left in the deck means a greater risk of drawing the kitten and exploding in a fiery ball of feline hyperbole.
This game is great for beginners and a perfect card game for all ages and anyone who enjoys kittens, explosions, laser beams, goats, and magical enchiladas that might kill you. More than 9 million copies sold, record-breaking children’s games, adult games, and everything else in between. This game is very easy to learn and it is a great 2-5 player game to play with friends and family which we mentioned above.
The expansion of the Exploding Kittens also adds the ‘Alter the Future’ card that lets you see and modify the next three cards on the pick-up pile. In essence, you decide what you’ll pick up next. You can use this card not only to save yourself but to threaten your rivals, tactically pushing them out of the game by putting an ‘Exploding’ or ‘Imploding Kittens’ at their demise, depending on whether you’re a good Samaritan or not.
For the remainder of the game, the first player to forget whose turn comes next will become a human path predictor and must wear the Cone of Shame. Rotate the Cone around the head so that all players can see the right arrow showing the direction of play facing forward. Rotate the Cone around your head to signify the new direction of play if a Reverse Card is played.
How to setup Imploding Kittens according to the official website:
- Remove from the expansion deck the Imploding Kitten (1) and all Exploding Kittens (4) and Defuse Cards (6) from your Exploding Kittens deck as usual.
- Combine the 19 remaining Imploding Kittens expansion cards with the rest of the cards from the main deck and shuffle the deck. Note: You do not have to play with all of the expansion cards. You can selectively insert your favorite expansion cards into the Exploding Kittens Deck.
- Deal 7 cards face down to each player.
- Deal 1 Defuse Card to each player, for a total hand of 8 cards per player. Keep your hand secret.
- Insert the Imploding Kitten and enough Exploding Kittens back into the deck, so that the total number of Kittens (Imploding and Exploding) is one fewer than the number of people playing.
- Remove any extra Exploding Kittens from the game.
- Insert any extra Defuse Cards back into the deck.
- Shuffle the deck and put it face down in the center of the table. This is your Draw Pile.
- Pick a player to go first, and start playing as usual
The expansion of The Imploding Kittens is an incredible addition to the original game and really shifts the dynamic of the game. If you’re trying to ramp-up your Exploding Kittens games, and push yourself and your mates to win the game more deviously and tactically, then we at Geek Impulse believe this is the ideal extension of the card game for you. Enjoy and we look forward to hearing from you.