This is a dark treat with dynamic action, breathtaking, horrifying pixel art, and an aesthetic value that sticks with you. In ScourgeBringer, striking an adversary is like ringing a bell. There’s something lifeless, magnetic, and resonant going on.
ScourgeBringer will be the last PlayStation Vita title to be released publicly digitally on the platform’s marketplace when it launches next month on April 22nd, 2021. That is, until it is removed 128 days later when Sony shuts its online store.
ScourgeBringer a Gee-Kun Recommended Game
The game has everything you might like in a roguelite game. A hugely entertaining experience is rounded out by incredibly quickly gameplay, amazing graphics and music, and easy to understand mechanisms. The fun to be had in this top-notch action-platformer isn’t dampened by some button-heavy fighting and diehard difficulty.
“We’re proud of what we’ve accomplished with the ScourgeBringer PS Vita port, and delighted to be joining such a superb library of handheld games,” says developer Thomas Altenburger. “The dream lives on!”
The Game is is fully localized into English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean and Chinese (simplified).
Trailer and Features
- Dive into fast-paced rogue-platforming gameplay described by Eurogamer as “Dead Cells meets Celeste”
- Slash and shoot your way smoothly with superfluid platforming controls
- Sharpen your skills with a frantic combat system focused on attacks only
- Dash forward to the otherworldly adaptive sounds of Joonas Turner (Nuclear Throne, Downwell, Broforce … )
- Defy hordes of unspeakable enemies and giant bosses holding the secrets of the Scourge
- Explore the infinite depths of an ever-changing dungeon
- Uncover mysteries and find mementos of previous explorers to unlock reality defining secrets
ScourgeBringer places you in the shoes of Kyhra, the formidable warrior of her tribe, in a post-apocalyptic universe where a mysterious force has wreaked havoc on civilization. Assist her in exploring the unfamiliar and slashing her way across ancient mechanisms protecting the seal of her history, and maybe mankind’s salvation.
About the Flying oak games
Flying Oak Games (FOG) is an independent video game studio based in a hidden forest in the North East of France, made of wood and pixels (in Metz). The squad, which grew out of several game jam partnerships over the years, continues to give back to the community by organizing local events and becoming a part of the Global Game Jam organizers family. Its main goal is to create games that are simple to play, enjoyable to play right away, and intoxicating.